Wednesday, April 6, 2011

people i know…

So I'm excited because I just found Windows Live Writer which makes making a blog easier. And now I know how to put in a break to stop text wrapping. Yay! (you don't know how long I spent trying to make pictures and text do what I wanted them to do).

As promised here are some of the people that you should get to know because I am sure to refer to them in the coming year.

hard at work

Joel - is the sound guy at church. He checks on whether he is hurting my eardrums. Africans like everything LOUD. But it is nice that he checks. It reminds me of Andy and James at home and unLtd nights. He also has amazing style – here we would say he looks smart. In fact everyone knows how to dress well over here – I always feel just a little bit daggy.

DSCF4384
Chris - pops in and out of the office all the time. He is the Teacher Supervisor for all our Australia HOPE International www.ahi.org.au schools here in Uganda. He checks on the schools and works to improve teacher and student performance.

P1000420

Abdul - last year received a boda boda (motorbike and local form of taxi service) through a loan organised by Australia HOPE International www.ahi.org.au. He now runs a taxi service and preaches on the street corners (not an unusual sight here). He, along with Pastor Willy, is the one who named me Kemigisha.

P1010491

Midiana - works in the HOPE office and has been there since 2008. She is getting married in May in Tanzania (I am going to be a bridesmaid) and will then live there so she will be very missed. She is also part of the church worship team and helps me learn the songs I don't know (sorry – did you see the bit where I said i was going to be a bridesmaid? In Tanzania? Wow!)

  DSCF4706

Anne - is amazing! She is the one who really is the driving force behind the school projects here in Mbarara. She and Pastor Willy run Trust Children's Centre, which includes the 3 school projects, the boys home run by Dennis and Rebecca and accommodation and training for older street boys along with various other short term projects. Anne somehow also manages to study a business administration course part time.

DSCF4694

Latitia - is the new trainee in the office as Midiana is about to leave and get married. She has finished a degree in Development Studies and also interprets for church services. She is also very excited to be able to pump me for information on how to do new things on the computer.

So they are just a few of the hundreds of people (that may be an exaggeration – but it is a church of a couple of thousand people so, many more know me, than I know them) that I have met since being here. Maybe in a couple of weeks I’ll do an update and let you meet a few more of the people I know. So apart from that it’s been a fun week. I’ve found that Windows Live Writer is not as good as expected (and the text wrapping thing obsolete) but I hope you like the ‘snapshot’ style photos. See you next time Smile

Have a blessed week,

Luvbron

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the intros Bron (Kemigisha)!