Wednesday, November 9, 2011

This is it

 

Usually it's easier than this. Usually I get some kind of inspiration, or see something that I think I can write about. This week however has proved somewhat difficult. Not necessarily because I can't think of anything but more because I have too many things floating round in my head, none of them fully realised thoughts, just bits and pieces.

I guess I had to get here at some point. After all, I've been here for almost nine months, and I'm not a writer, or at least I haven't been up till now. So I think I can be forgiven for having writers' block. Which isn't, I suppose, entirely true either, as I have plenty of ideas.

In high school (and possibly many other areas of my life), I was the Queen of Procrastination. And while some of my work was not, let's say, of the best quality, I always came through with the goods. Possibly my issue this week is procrastination. Trying to put off till the last minute the inevitable.

And the inevitable is this. I have made a decision. And it's big. And scary. And once I put it out there, it's real. No turning back.

As you hopefully realise from the title of my blog I am here for at least a year. Like I said before, I have been here for almost nine months now. So around now is the time I should probably be thinking about what's ahead. Am I going to come back? If so, how long?

And so, my decision is… (pause to take a deep breath)… that I will be heading back to Australia sometime early next year, spending a few months seeing friends and family and advocating for Australia HOPE International, and then, somewhere around July, head back here to Uganda and start in on the indefinite part.

To any friends and family who have not already received this news, I apologise that you did not receive my email letting you know. That would probably mean though that I do not have your email address.

100_4297 651 304

I believe that God has given me a love for this place and it's people and that He has set me up with HOPE for a reason, to help HOPE in it's purpose of empowering others. I don't have all the answers, I don't know exactly what I'm going to be doing, I don't know if or when I'll go back to Australia, but I do know this: that He who started a good work in me will bring it to completion (Philippians 1:6) and that He has only good plans for me (Jeremiah 29:11). Sometimes it is difficult to live out this faith I hold to. Especially when it comes to the day to day living, loving God and loving your neighbour. But when it comes to the big stuff, all I can do is what I think God has said to me, take a leap of faith, do it, and then see what God has in store for the next bit.

P1000494 DSCF4778 DSCF5180

Bless y'all

bron

No comments: