Friday, May 17, 2013

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye.

Once again I find myself here in Uganda sending a friend off. And slightly jealous of the fact that on Saturday she will be with family and friends and I will still be here. Don't get me wrong though, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world, but to be seeing everyone on Saturday, that would be cool.

So last Saturday we had a little get together with friends so that we could hang out one last time before making the trek to Kampala (where we are now doing some craft shopping - check out Jambo Sana). An Aussie Afternoon Tea (that of course finished at 9:30pm), made Aussie by the fact that there were two Aussies present and, disappointingly for some of our friends, not because of Australian food.

IMG_6800DSCF2686DSCF2689IMG_6803

But with Italian bruschetta, American m&m cookies, my Mum's boiled chocolate cake and a local offering of pineapple it was multicultural and therefore Australian enough. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in all the time I've been here and I realised once again how blessed I am. That even though I am so far from family and friends, I have people here in Uganda that I care about and who care about me.

So, even though it is sad to say another goodbye, I am so thankful for the time that Danielle has spent staying with me and for the shared experience we've had of Uganda.

Be blessed

bron

No comments: