Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Colly Birds

I grew up thinking they were calling birds. But wikipedia assures me that they are in fact colly birds. Which are actually blackbirds. Huh.

Amazing how your whole world can change in an instant like that. To learn something that you didn't know before. And whether it is life changing or perhaps less intrusive, like learning the real words to a song, it changes your world view.

For me Christmas is about remembering the moment or, maybe more realistically, journey, that I took to find Christ. I'd grown up in church and you would think that's a pretty good place to find Him. But perhaps He wasn't there in the things that I was wrapped up in. Like myself.

It was only when I realised that trying to make myself happy wasn't making me happy that I found Him. And that made me happy.

Now my life is wrapped up in Him. Not like a shiny Christmas present wrapped at a department store but like a warm blanket on a cold night, full of the warmth of his embrace. His love is my protection, my joy, my strength and my hope. This hope is an anchor for my soul. He holds me steady.

Blessings

bron

Don't forget to order your Australia HOPE International Christmas gift cards from www.ahi.org.au, helping others this Christmas.

No comments: