Saturday, December 15, 2012

Twelve Days or ‘Partridge in a Pear Tree’

There are eleven days till Christmas, so my idea of doing a blog each day for the twelve days of Christmas (and yes I know that these actually start with Christmas as the first day but bear with me please) will have to end a day later than Christmas.

And why, you might ask, do I feel the need to do this? Because I can!

This morning it has rained and it's dull and grey. I'm sitting inside in the semi-dark listening to Christmas songs on my computer which is about to be drained of all battery power…

Had an epiphany.

I remembered that I bought a spare battery for occasions such as this where the power is out and I need/want to use my computer for longer than my battery will allow. Unfortunately I have just realised that either I had previously used this battery and hadn't charged it before putting the other one in or the battery doesn’t hold it's charge so well when it's just sitting around. Oh well.

So I'm sitting here in the semi-dark, now not listening to Christmas songs so as to maximise the battery life I have left, all twenty eight minutes of it, feeling like there is a certain amount of pressure and wondering if it's worth it, after all, if I just delete these words, none of you will ever know that I was thinking of doing this.

So, I guess this should have something to do with Christmas then.

A day that we celebrate the birth of Jesus, Emmanuel, God-with-us.

My place is not decorated and probably won't be. No tinsel, no tree.

So I will have to remember some other way.

Or just remind myself every day that my Saviour came.

Blessings

bron

Don't forget to order your Christmas gift cards from www.ahi.org.au, helping others this Christmas

DSCF1103

Barry my Christmas antelope and presents for me and my friend whose mum sent us presents so that we would have them in time to open for Christmas.

No comments: