Monday, December 17, 2012

French Hens

Walking around my new neighbourhood of Boma (having moved from Kyamugorani two weeks ago) I'm reminded of walking home from the bus after school in my last three years of high school when I was living with my Grandparents in Adelaide. Dotted around are Jacaranda trees, and just like in Australia, they are a beautiful shade of purple just in time for Christmas.

It's been funny talking with some of my new Northern Hemisphere friends about their Christmas expectations. As an Aussie there are quite a few environmental factors that I can identify with here in Uganda, whereas, my friends are missing the cold.

I do miss the beach a little at this time of year though. Going swimming with friends every day after work. A half hearted attempt to surf. Gelati and pizza sitting in the park. Summer holidays. And this makes me think that I have been so blessed to have had those experiences. To have those memories. To have those friends. Because I know that despite sometimes feeling so far away, I have friends and family who love me. And there are people this Christmas who don’t know anyone who loves them.

And I am blessed to know the amazing love of God-become-flesh. A love that He wants to share with everyone.

And wants us to share with everyone.

Maybe I can be the making of a joyful memory for someone here this Christmas.

Maybe I can share the joy I have in knowing Christ, and someone will also experience the freedom and joy that I have.

Maybe you can too.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 The Bible

Blessings

bron

Don't forget to order your Australia HOPE International Christmas gift cards from www.ahi.org.au, helping others this Christmas.

No comments: